Saturday, May 7, 2016

First Frankin Half

Got out out for a few hours the other day and freestyled.  I didn't have a site to go so I headed to an area that I have always wanted to detect around. I drove around until I found a site, saw some folks to talk to, and got permission to dig.  I guy I talked to said the area had been detected before so I concentrated in areas that they might have missed.  The strategy paid off.  I found my first Franklin 1/2 Dollar.  It is a 1951 with no mint mark.




































I also found a 1943 Mercury Dime.

 




My better finds also include:
  • 3 1950s wheat cents
  • 17 modern cents
  • $2.00 in clad quarters
  • 1964 nickel
  • A ring (not silver)
  • A old fuse
  • 7 clad dimes
  • Glasses
  • A key (I always seem to find keys)
  • I also found lots of iron rings, a reigns guide, lots of iron chunks, and foil/aluminum.

The Franklin 1/2 and the Merc.


No comments:

Post a Comment