Friday, February 20, 2015

I am ready to go fishing!

Just needing some time on a stream somewhere!!!!  I also get to go learn how to really tie some flies in a couple of weeks.  If I do that I may actually catch some fish one day.


Update:  I completed a fly tying class at Orvis the day where I tied some of the ugliest flies ever seen.

Here is the set up.



 Practicing utilizing the Whip Finisher tool to tie off a fly.



My first fly. The Green Weenie.  I also tied a pink one.


 The next several flies we tied were Whooly Buggers.











The five flies I tied during the class.


I also purchased one of their fly tying kits to see if I could actually tie some on my own (http://www.orvis.com/p/orvis-fly-tying-kit-with-manual/08xz).  I will post the results of my efforts and if I manage to catch a fish on a fly that I tie myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment