Monday, February 20, 2012

Fishing Alone!


This weekend I got the opportunity to fish in the GSMNP and actually didn't run into any other fishermen.  I didn't even see anyone fishing on my drive along the lower parts of the river (West Prong).  It could have been the weather.  It was cloudy and cold with a mix of rain and snow, mostly rain, turning to all snow as it got later in the day.  Accumulations were supposed to range from a dusting to 4-6 inches above 2500 feet.  I didn't see any snow stick while I was out there.

The creek looked good. There was just a bit of color and it was a little high, but the banks showed where it at been much higher recently.  I took a little time to sit along the bank, drink some coffee from my green thermos, and look at the scenery. 


I saw some vibrant greens and reds in the moss and berries. 



I thought this tree was very interesting looking with all the fungus on it.




Folks might not have been out there due to the time that I went.  I headed up there late on Sunday and fished until about dark.

I only caught a couple of trout, but the solitude was priceless.  I appreciate all the folks that stayed at home today!

Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment